Mailing Lists

From: "Helen Griffiths via BSO celli">
Subject: Re: cello seating
Date: May 23rd 2017
Thanks, Alice. Not hasty but not likely to reconsider - and, assuming your praise is heartfelt and genuine, I think the move will only benefit the section.

Sent from my iPhone

On 23 May 2017, at 13:05, Alice McVeigh <">> wrote:

Dear Helen,
I'm devastated to hear this, and urge you to reconsider.
1) You play with amazing sensitivity and skill and no loss of technique. (The bit in the Dukas defeated me as well as you: it is famously impossible to play.)
2) I love your playing, and always have, and I strongly believe that both Adrian and Andy would testify to your leadership skills as well. (I know Andy would, and Simon also.) You belong at the front of any section.
3) I hope this is not a hasty decision based upon our apparent disagreements last evening, which you mention have with luck been resolved in yours. (Paul has yet to call me but it's early days.)