Mailing Lists

From: "Alice McVeigh via BSO celli" ...@bromleysymphony.org>
Subject: for info, from AM
Date: March 2nd 2018
http://www.aitchisoncellos.com/publications/cello-and-bow-articles/technical-articles-about-the-cello/humidity-and-cellos-2/

I was worried yesterday eve about whether I might be getting a buzz on the cello, and found this article.

Have just 'bathed' the cello in the small loo (with hot shower running hard) for ten minutes, like Colin Carr, and it sounds much happier now.

Be careful, obviously, about getting water on the varnish. I put it in in the Hercules cello holder (note: REMOVED THE BOWS) but a case should also work.

Haven't tried his plan of putting warm towel over cello case with cello inside yet, but I still might.

Basically, we have to remember how sensitive wood is, and what this effing winter has been like (rubbish for string instruments).

Hoping I've saved somebody a bill for opening seams etc. etc.!!!!
XXA
  • Start a new thread, email: ...@bromleysymphony.org

    ">

    cel...@bromleysymphony.org

This list is used to inform Bromley Symphony Orchestra cello players about cello-specific rehearsals and events.