Mailing Lists

From: "BSO news">
Subject: Bromley Symphony Orchestra concert reminder
Date: January 11th 2014

This is a reminder that our next concert is on Saturday 25th January at Langley Park Centre for the Performing Arts.

Concert Saturday 25th January 2014 at 19:45

Richard Wagner

Haydn Symphony No. 103 “Drumroll” Speaker symbol

Wagner Die Walküre, Act 1 Speaker symbol
Soloists Janice WatsonJohn Upperton and Oliver Gibbs

If you think you know Haydn, come and hear Symphony No. 103 (‘The Drumroll’), one of the famous late symphonies composed when Haydn was the toast of London. Symphony No. 103 is one of his most interesting, being packed with originality, pathos and wit. Following this, we are extraordinarily fortunate to be joined by internationally-known singers Janice Watson, John Upperton and Oliver Gibbs to perform Act 1 of Die Walküre, the second part of Wagner’s famous ‘Ring’ cycle. Controversially, some of us think that this is the most enjoyable way of playing Wagner. See what you think!

Janice Watson

Janice Watson

John Upperton

John Upperton

Oliver Gibbs

Oliver Gibbs

Arriving by car

There is now ample parking in front of the hall, with places reserved for disabled drivers and step-free access for wheelchair users. A large banner with the words "CONCERT HERE" marks the Hawksbrook Lane turning from South Eden Park Road on concert days. The car park entrance is then approximately 200 metres on the left. Detailed driving directions can be found by clicking the blue marker on the large map then clicking "Directions" in the popup and entering your starting location at the top left.

Arriving by public transport

Trains run from Charing Cross or Hayes (Kent) to Eden Park station every 30 mins. It's advisable to check in case of weekend maintenance work. Bus 352 runs from Bromley North station or from Beckenham to the east end of Hawksbrook Lane about every 20 minutes. Bus 358 runs from Bromley South station or from Beckenham to the west end of Hawksbrook Lane about every 15 minutes (alight at "Elderslie Close").

This is a low-volume email list, to remind audience members about Bromley Symphony Orchestra concerts and events. If you prefer an annual paper newsletter, use our contact form at to join our postal mailing list and get preferential booking.

Privacy Policy:

See for privacy information.