Mailing Lists

From: "BSO news" ...@bromleysymphony.org>
Subject: BSO concert reminder for Saturday 22nd March
Date: March 10th 2014

This is a reminder that our next concert is on Saturday 22nd March at Langley Park Centre for the Performing Arts.

If you prefer seats with step-free access, some accessibility information has been added to our web site that you may find helpful. Customised directions for travelling to the concert hall by car, bicycle, public transport or walking have also been added recently.

We are trying to use "social media" more effectively to let people know about our concerts. Please help if you can, for example by sharing this concert on Facebook, Twitter or Google+, and by "following" or "liking" BromleySymphony.

Concert Saturday 22nd March 2014 at 19:45

Dmitry Shostakovich
Modest Mussorgsky

Shostakovich Symphony No. 6 Speaker symbol

Mussorgsky Pictures at an Exhibition Speaker symbol

Shostakovich’s 6th symphony, conceived in the 1930s, is a very personal work, reflecting not only the suffocating oppression of the Stalinist era but also the resilient spirit of the composer, with the power of the first movement balanced by the defiant and even riotous flair of the following two. Mussorgsky’s famous Pictures at an Exhibition was composed within a single month for piano, and has never slipped from orchestral repertoire since Ravel (among others) arranged it and it is Ravel’s orchestration we will be playing. Listen to the spooky ‘Catacombs’, enjoy the gossip from ‘The Market of Limoges’ and thrill to the grandeur of the final ‘Great Gate of Kiev.’

View the archive or unsubscribe.