Mailing Lists

From: "BSO news" ...@bromleysymphony.org>
Subject: BSO concert reminder for Saturday 17th May
Date: May 4th 2014

This is a reminder that the final concert of our 2013-14 season is on Saturday 17th May at Langley Park Centre for the Performing Arts. There are good seats still available at www.bromleysymphony.org/tickets and tickets can be posted to you free of charge until 7 days before the concert.

Concert Saturday 17th May 2014 at 19:45

Hector Berlioz

Berlioz Three movements from the Dramatic Symphony "Roméo et Juliette" Speaker symbol
Love Scene, Queen Mab Scherzo, and Romeo Alone and Capulet's Ball

Bernstein Symphonic Dances from West Side Story Speaker symbol

Tchaikovsky Romeo and Juliet Overture Speaker symbol

We end our season with three very different works depicting Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. Tchaikovsky’s sublime fantasy overture weaves the main themes of the story into twenty minutes of orchestral perfection. In West Side Story, Leonard Bernstein transplants the two doomed lovers to jazzy 1950’s New York. His Symphonic Dances leave the listener breathless as they are shamelessly bombarded with many of the twentieth century’s best tunes, including ‘Maria’, ‘America’ and ‘Cool.’ Berlioz was equally inspired, especially by his wife-to-be’s performance as Shakespeare’s Juliet. His ‘take’ on the work is bursting with harmonic imagination, fervent power, eloquent emotion and frustrated desire.

We're sure you're curious about next season and the good news is the programme has just been announced on our web site and includes three brilliant concerto soloists and Mahler's stunning 7th Symphony. You can download the brochure immediately in PDF format by clicking the image below, or pick up a paper copy at the concert. We'll be happy to give you extra copies for your friends, neighbours, local library etc., on request at the concert or at www.bromleysymphony.org/contact. If you use social media please help spread the word online as well, by following our updates on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ and by "retweeting" and "liking" our concert announcements.

Brochure 2014-15

We invite you to renew or reserve season tickets for next season using the form in the brochure or online. Season tickets secure your favourite seating area and save you money as they provide four concerts for the price of three. We've managed to keep prices the same as last season. No payment is needed at this stage.

Thank you for your support. We hope to see you and your friends at the concerts.

View the archive or unsubscribe.