Mailing Lists

From: "BSO news" ...@bromleysymphony.org>
Subject: Bromley Symphony Players chamber concert 11th Oct
Date: September 28th 2014

Dear friends. I hope you are all looking forward to the first concert of the season for the BSO.

I would like to invite you to a smaller scale concert being given by the Bromley Symphony Players in support of "Help for Heroes" on the 11th Oct. at St. Mary's church, 61 College road, Bromley BR1 3QG. (19:30 & £7)

The program is as follows:

Handel: Concerto Grosso Op. 6 no. 4
J. S. Bach: Violin concerto BWV 1052r (Soloist Bernard Brook)
Locatelli: Concerto Grosso no. 6

Interval (refreshments available)

Albinoni: Concerto a Cinque Op. 5 no. 3
Michael Tippett: Little music for string orchestra (Conductor Andrew Condon)
Nini Rosso: "Il Silenzio" (Soloist Derek Cozens)

We investigate the contrasts in style between the well known style of Handel, the adventurous harmonic progressions of Locatelli and the inventive passage work of Albinoni. The Bach violin concerto will be unknown to many of you, and then we have something completely different in the Michael Tippett - a lyrical, light framed work and the Nini Rosso which is completely romantic.

So, there you have it. Please come along and support Help for Heroes and the orchestra in their ongoing charitable endeavours.

I look forward to seeing you all.

Bernard Brook.