Mailing Lists

From: "BSO news" ...@bromleysymphony.org>
Subject: BSO concert reminder for Saturday 15th November
Date: November 5th 2014

This is a reminder that the first concert of our 2014-15 season is on Saturday 15th November at Langley Park Centre for the Performing Arts. There are good seats and season tickets still available at www.bromleysymphony.org/tickets and tickets can be posted to you free of charge until 7 days before the concert, collected at the door or downloaded as an e-ticket.

Langley Park Centre for the Performing Arts, South Eden Park Road, Beckenham BR3 3BP

Edward Elgar

Caroline HarrisonBook nowWalton Overture "Portsmouth Point" Speaker symbol

Walton Concerto for Viola and Orchestra Speaker symbol
Soloist Caroline Harrison

Elgar Symphony No. 1 in A-flat major Speaker symbol

Our opening concert showcases outstanding British composition. From the light, jazzy Portsmouth Point, with its swaggering brass and pointed off-beats, to Walton's resonant, lyrical and eloquently full-throated viola concerto, featuring Caroline Harrison, principal viola of the BBC Symphony Orchestra, the concert winds up with Elgar's immortal First Symphony, of which its first conductor, Hans Richter said to his orchestra, 'Let us rehearse the greatest symphony in modern times.'