Mailing Lists

From: "BSO news" ...@bromleysymphony.org>
Subject: BSO concert reminder for Saturday 24th January
Date: January 12th 2015

This is a reminder that our next concert is on Saturday 24th January at Langley Park Centre for the Performing Arts. There are good seats still available at www.bromleysymphony.org/tickets and tickets can be posted to you free of charge until 7 days before the concert, collected at the door or downloaded as an e-ticket.

This is a perfect concert for introducing someone to classical music - tuneful, romantic and concise, with a brilliant cello soloist. Free tickets are now available for children under 18 - they can be reserved immediately in the green "circle slips" areas at the sides near the orchestra, or at the door on the day of the concert in any area, subject to availability.

Concert Saturday 24th January 2015 at 19:45

Langley Park Centre for the Performing Arts, South Eden Park Road, Beckenham BR3 3BP

Brahms

Dvořák Cello Concerto in B minor Speaker symbol
Soloist Daniel Benn

Brahms Symphony No. 3 in F major Speaker symbol

Nineteenth-century Romanticism is hugely to the fore for our second concert, kicking off with the Dvořák, the world's best-known and best-loved cello concerto, performed by the gifted young soloist Daniel Benn in memory of his grandfather, Tony Benn. After the interval the orchestra performs Brahms's Third Symphony, a masterpiece written in a mere four months, of which Clara Schumann wrote to Brahms on February 11, 1884: ‘All the movements seem to be of one piece, one beat of the heart.’

Book NowDaniel BennDvořák