Mailing Lists

From: "BSO news" ...@bromleysymphony.org>
Subject: BSO concert reminder for Saturday 21st March
Date: March 8th 2015

This is a reminder that our next concert is on Saturday 21st March at Langley Park Centre for the Performing Arts. There are good seats still available at www.bromleysymphony.org/tickets and tickets can be posted to you free of charge until 7 days before the concert, collected at the door or downloaded as an e-ticket. Tickets for our last concert in January sold out so we advise booking in advance rather than buying at the door if possible.

Note that there is no interval in this concert, hence no refreshments will be available. The symphony lasts about 77 minutes.

Concert Saturday 21st March 2015 at 19:45

Langley Park Centre for the Performing Arts, South Eden Park Road, Beckenham BR3 3BP

Mahler Symphony No. 7 Speaker symbol

Not to be missed is our third concert, comprising Mahler's stunning Seventh Symphony, written at the height of his success as conductor and composer, and exemplifying his famous quotation: ‘A symphony must be like the world; it must contain everything.’ The seventh is rightly reckoned rather enigmatic, but contains, after a funeral march, the exquisite 'night music' movements and a demented waltz of a scherzo, an exultant climax.

Book Now