Mailing Lists

From: "BSO news" ...@bromleysymphony.org>
Subject: BSO concert reminder for Saturday 16th May
Date: May 4th 2015

This is a reminder that the final concert of our 2014-15 season is on Saturday 16th May at Langley Park Centre for the Performing Arts. There are a few good seats still available at www.bromleysymphony.org/tickets (including free seats for children in the circle slips, nearest the orchestra) and tickets can be posted to you free of charge until 7 days before the concert. To quote our brochure: "Our fourth concert consists of four brief and delightfully contrasting works. Humperdinck's tuneful overture to Hansel and Gretel gives way to Richard Strauss' charming chamber serenade for thirteen wind instruments and Glazunov's scintillating violin concerto (starring previous Young Musician of the Year violin winner Callum Smart). Rachmaninov's Symphonic Dances (a very late work) winds up the evening in sardonic, sensual style."

We're sure you're curious about next season and the good news is the programme has just been announced on our web site. We hope you will all find some familiar favourites while being tempted by pieces less well known,, and of course be inspired to buy or renew season tickets at www.bromleysymphony.org/seasontickets.

Our violin section has vacancies at the moment - can you help us spread the word? A full section needs a total of 40 violin players to get the perfect balance, and finding that many good (grade 8 or similar) players locally is a challenge even in London, although we have achieved it in the past. Typically our recruits are newly-qualified musicians, retired professionals or people who have recently moved to the area. Prospective members audition just by sitting next to the leader in a rehearsal, nothing frightening!

Speaking of spreading the word - new audience members often tell us they have lived in the area for years without realising that such an excellent orchestra was on their doorstep. If you have any ideas about good ways to reach these people we would love to hear from you. Do you have media contacts or work somewhere that has a waiting area, or a well-used noticeboard for example? We would also be very keen to enlist the help of anyone with the time and enthusiasm to write reviews of our concerts or articles about us that we can use in publicity.

Finally, we would love to hear the views of our most dedicated members, our Patrons, about how you think we might improve interaction with the orchestra and encourage more like-minded people to contribute. Our contact details are at www.bromleysymphony.org/contact.

Poster May 2015