Mailing Lists

From: "BSO news" ...@bromleysymphony.org>
Subject: BSO newsletter
Date: September 16th 2015

Dear Concertgoer,

Season tickets for 2015/16 have now been posted to everyone who requested them under our preferential booking scheme and the online ticketing system for booking individual concerts is open to everyone again at www.bromleysymphony.org/tickets. Some excellent seats are still available. If you haven't yet paid for tickets received in the post you can do so there as well.

A copy of our season brochure is attached in PDF format and we would love you to forward that to all your friends.

We open the season with two ‘takes’ on the romantic period pin-up, Manfred: Schumann's broodingly magnificent ‘Manfred’ overture and Tchaikovsky's rich and dramatic ‘Manfred’ symphony. In between we feature serial international prizewinner Alexander Soares in Grieg's endlessly tuneful piano concerto. Not to be missed!

Beethoven takes pride of place in our second concert: his powerful ‘Prometheus’ Overture and his fabulous violin concerto frame Sibelius' moodily brilliant Symphony No 4. We are delighted to once again feature rising star Mathieu van Bellen and his Guadagnini violin, this time in one of Beethoven's most iconic works.

Our third concert features another clever piece of programming: Schubert's delightfully winning Symphony No 5 is followed by Bruckner's shortest symphony: his seismic, turbulent and (finally) transcendent Ninth Symphony.

The final concert features four short classics. In the first half, Prokofiev's seventh symphony is teamed with Arutiunian's dashing trumpet concerto - featuring our own trumpet principal, Martin Bunce. Afterwards, Borodin's pint-sized tone poem ‘In the Steppes of Central Asia’ is followed by the careering fire, stirring drums and wild cannon of Tchaikovsky's ‘1812’ Overture. See you there!