Mailing Lists

From: "BSO news" ...@bromleysymphony.org>
Subject: BSO concert reminder for Saturday 19th May
Date: May 6th 2018

This is a reminder that the final concert of our 2017-18 season is on Saturday 19th May at Langley Park Centre for the Performing Arts BR3 3BP. There are good seats still available including free seats for children in the circle slips, nearest the orchestra.

Following Bernstein’s scintillatingly offbeat overture to Candide, we present an underrated masterpiece, Harris’ magnificently energetic, occasionally brooding yet always glorious (single-movement) Third Symphony. We follow this with the mercurial Holst's self-described ‘mood pictures’ – his Herculean tour de force, The Planets.

Centenary

We need your help! Our 2018/2019 season will be the Orchestra’s hundredth! We are very keen to know more about our past.  Perhaps you have connections to a former player or have fond memories of a particular performance or soloist.  Do you remember Ralph Holmes playing the Brahms Violin Concerto in 1980 (or even 1966!), or Alan Civil’s Strauss Horn Concerto in 1970, or the Berlioz Requiem in a Biggin Hill hangar in 1990?  Perhaps you can even fill in some of the blanks before 1960 with programmes or reviews. Please contact us with your reminiscences and memories. Our aim is to prepare a full history of the Orchestra for our centenary season.

BSO poster May 2018