Mailing Lists

From: "BSO news" ...@bromleysymphony.org>
Subject: Extra information about Saturday's BSO concert and next season
Date: May 17th 2018

We have several new items of information to share about next Saturday's concert and next season, which are worth an extra reminder email:

Ticket availability and parking

There is a possibility that the next concert on Saturday (19th May) will sell out, so if you were planning to buy tickets at the door please consider booking online or arriving early to avoid disappointment, and please warn any friends who may not be on this mailing list. Parking is likely to be especially busy so please allow time to park as well. Doors open at 7 pm. Latecomers will not be admitted during the performance, since audience members say this is too distracting.

If you already have tickets but have now decided to go to the royal wedding or the FA cup final instead, please let us know so we don't turn people away unnecessarily with empty seats still available.

Open afternoon rehearsal

Our rehearsal on Saturday afternoon at the concert hall is open to the public and especially aimed at (reasonably quiet) children. Just turn up at 3:30 pm to watch The Planets being rehearsed - no ticket required.

Interval refreshments

To reduce the queue for interval refreshments and to keep the interval duration reasonable, you can now pre-order drinks at the drink counter before the start of the concert. Audience members who used this facility at the last concert reported that this worked well and saved them a lot of time.

Videos and reviews on sale

The current issue of Musical Opinion magazine has a feature on Bromley Symphony Orchestra, Sir Adrian Boult and the centenary performance of The Planets. We have managed to obtain some copies of this issue, which will be on sale in the foyer before the concert.

We also now have a high quality video of last November's concert (Márquez, Casals, Debussy, De Falla, Ravel) taken from three camera positions in high definition and edited by Chris Beston, which will also be on sale in the foyer. A standard definition DVD version and a high definition Blu-ray version are available - you might wish to check whether your video player can handle Blu-ray discs before coming to the concert.

Next season

Finally, the news you have been waiting for - details of our next season, our centenary celebration, are attached. Season tickets (four concerts for the price of three and preferential seat allocation) go on sale after Saturday's concert. This year we are trialling electronic delivery of season tickets - if you would like to participate in the trial please use the online form which will be available at www.bromleysymphony.org/seasontickets rather than the paper form on the back of the season brochure.

We are preparing a history of the orchestra for this centenary and would be very interested to hear your reminiscences or memories of the orchestra's past.

Saturday 10th November 2018 at 19:45

Armistice Centenary Concert

Brahms Tragic Overture

Butterworth A Shropshire Lad

Ravel Piano Concerto for Left Hand
Soloist Nicholas McCarthy

Elgar Symphony No 2 in E flat major

Saturday 26th January 2019 at 19:45

Mozart Symphony No 32 in G Major

Beethoven Piano Concerto No 1 in C major
Soloist John Lill

Mahler Symphony No 1 in D major

Saturday 16th March 2019 at 19:45

Elgar Cockaigne Overture

Reed Symphony for Strings

Strauss Ein Heldenleben

Saturday 18th May 2019 at 19:45

Centenary Finale

Works will include:

Winning Work in our Centenary Composers' Competition

Beethoven Symphony No 9 in D minor
with The BYMT Adult Choir
Soloists Janice Watson, John Upperton, Tristan Hambleton, Nicola Ihnatowicz