Mailing Lists

From: "BSO news" ...@bromleysymphony.org>
Subject: Bromley Concert Reminder for Saturday November 10th
Date: October 26th 2018

This is a reminder that the first concert of our 2018-19 Centenary season is on Saturday 10th November at Langley Park Centre for the Performing Arts BR3 3BP. In our Armistice Centenary concert, Brahms’ arresting Tragic Overture is followed by Butterworth’s nostalgically lyrical ‘A Shropshire Lad’, written in the shadow of WWI. Ravel’s jazzy and virtuosic Concerto for the Left Hand follows - commissioned by a pianist who lost an arm in the conflict. After the interval we present Elgar’s Second Symphony, composed, as he put it, ‘at fever heat’, one of his most impassioned, intense, and inspiring works. There are good seats still available including free seats for children in the circle slips, nearest the orchestra.