Mailing Lists

From: "Paul Jenner via BSO members" ...@bromleysymphony.org>
Subject: FW: £10 ticket offer for your members
Date: November 23rd 2017

From: Spitalfields Music Festival [mailto:spit...@arts-mail.co.uk]
Sent: 23 November 2017 16:18
To: chai...@bromleysymphony.org
Subject: £10 ticket offer for your members

Dear orchestral friends,

We understand that you are the contact for your orchestra, and would be very grateful if you would be happy to forward this offer to your members.

We would love you to join us at Spitalfields Music Festival 2017 this December, and are delighted to offer members of amateur London orchestras a special £10 ticket offer to highlights of the festival.

Spitalfields Music is East London's home of cutting edge contemporary classical and much loved early music. Our Artistic Curator, internationally celebrated conductor André de Ridder, would love musicians of all backgrounds and genres in London to join him at our festival this year and we’ve made three recommendations for you.

To get £10 tickets to any of the concerts below, just use the code Fest17 when booking. Bookings using this offer must be made before 30 November.

Book online now or call Box Office on 020 7377 1362.

We hope you can join us!

The House of Monteverdi

Saturday 2 December 5.00pm | Shoreditch Church

One for all you early music fans, dozens of artists from across Europe are descending on Shoreditch for this this mini-festival of Monteverdi’s Eight Book of Madrigals. Sara Mohr-Pietsch (BBC) oversees a programme which includes Or che’ Ciel e la terra e’l Vento tace, Lamento della ninfa, Il Combattimento, Zefiro Torna, Si dolce'l tormento and Altri canti d’Amor.

Hyperchromatic Counterpoint

Tuesday 5 December 8.30pm | Shoreditch Church

Three leading solo musicians take to the stage to explore counterpoint across four centuries. Our evening begins with movements from JS Bach's Art of Fugue, a work Bach spent seven years experimenting with in the last decade of his life, performed by organist James McVinnie. Extending the melodic theme, Aart Strootman performs Steve Reich's groundbreaking 1997 minimalist composition for guitar, Electric Counterpoint. The programme is completed by award-winning Finish composer, Veli Kujala's highlights from his 2009 album Hyperchromatic Counterpoint, played on a custom built accordion that Kujala designed and developed with the Pigini Harmonics Factory.

Renegade New Classical

Wednesday 6 December 8.30pm | Shoreditch Church

Berlin's orchestral collective s t a r g a z e has worked at the heart of the alt-classical movement all over Europe. Using traditional instruments and innovative techniques, the ensemble are well-known for combining contemporary classical with electronic and pop music. They have recently appeared at the Royal Albert Hall for the 2016 BBC Bowie Prom, the Barbican, the Philharmonie de Paris and recorded original music for the soundtrack of the 2016 Oscar winning film The Revenant. Conducted by our festival curator André de Ridder, we’re very excited to welcome s t a r g a z e to Spitalfields Music Festival.

Book Now

Online: spitalfieldsmusic.org.uk

Phone: 020 7377 1362

You might also like

NB: Not included in the £10 offer

Schumann Street

Sat 9 & Sun 10 Dec

5 & 7.30pm

More Info

Musical Rumpus: Fogonogo

Mon 4 & Wed 6 Dec

Ages 0 - 2 ½

More Info

In the Light of Air

Fri 8 Dec

8pm & 1.15am

More Info

Follow us on

Tel: 020 7377 1362

Spitalfields Music

St Margaret's House

15 Old Ford Road

London E2 9PJ

  • This mailing list is a group discussion list (moderated)
  • Start a new thread, email: memb...@bromleysymphony.org

This list is used to inform Bromley Symphony Orchestra members about rehearsals and events.