Mailing Lists

From: "BSO members" ...@bromleysymphony.org>
Subject: BSO concert reminder for Saturday 10th March
Date: March 8th 2018

The snow has cleared and this is a reminder that the next concert of our 2017-18 season is on Saturday 10th January at Langley Park Centre for the Performing Arts BR3 3BP. There are good seats still available including free seats for children in the circle slips, nearest the orchestra.

Please remember that this performance is one week earlier than originally advertised due to unavailability of the hall on the original date. If you already have tickets showing the original date (17th March) don't worry, they will be accepted at the door. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this change may have caused. Please remind any friends who may not be on the internet.

We would also like to remind all composers that entries for our Composition Competition (part of our centenary celebrations) must be received by 24th March.

Smetana’s Bartered Bride overture is sheer orchestral effervescence – with a Slavic twist. Tchaikovsky’s eloquent violin concerto features prizewinning violinist Anna-Liisa Bezrodny on her Amati violin. The second half consists of one of Shostakovich’s quirky masterpieces, his 15th symphony. Side-swiped excerpts from William Tell in the first movement, evocative violin and cello solos and ghostly brass chorales in the second, plus a sardonic scherzo, are superseded by a finale echoing some of the most stirring moments from Wagner’s Ring and a sense of utter completion.

Picture of Anna-Liisa Bezrodny and item list

  • Start a new thread, email: ...@bromleysymphony.org

    ">

    memb...@bromleysymphony.org

This list is used to inform Bromley Symphony Orchestra members about rehearsals and events.