Mailing Lists

 
From: "Paul Jenner via BSO members" ...@bromleysymphony.org>
Subject: FW: 🎺Help me save the lives of blood cancer patients, one orchestra at a time🎻
In-Reply-To: (no subject)
Date: March 6th 2018

Dear All,

 

One of the more unusual requests but a worthwhile cause all the same.

 

Paul

 

From: Beatrice Edwards - The Great Orchestra Adventure [mailto:beat...@mail143.sea22.mcdlv.net] On Behalf Of Beatrice Edwards - The Great Orchestra Adventure
Sent: 06 March 2018 19:20
To: Orchestra <chai...@bromleysymphony.org>
Subject:
🎺Help me save the lives of blood cancer patients, one orchestra at a time🎻

 

The Great Orchestra Adventure Needs You!

Dear Orchestra,

The Great Orchestra Adventure is a campaign, run solely by myself, which aims to raise awareness, educate, encourage and inspire orchestras to join the stem cell register. The campaign supports both the Anthony Nolan and Delete Blood Cancer stem cell trusts and I would really love and appreciate if you could read the remainder of this email to learn more about what I aim to do!!

 

 

I've created this campaign because three years ago at the age of 18 I was diagnosed with blood cancer and as a result of so many failed chemotherapy treatments, I needed a bone marrow transplant to save my life.

Someone is diagnosed with blood cancer every 20 minutes and about 2000 people are in need of a lifesaving bone marrow transplant every year, but only 30% of these have a matched donor in their family. This means that the other 70% rely on an unrelated hero to save their life. With three siblings to choose from, I was lucky enough to have my brother donate his stem cells due to him being a 100% perfect match, however, this is what makes me want to campaign, so the other 70% without a related match can find one quicker! Donating is easy, painless and something to be proud of!

I would love to raise awareness of both Anthony Nolan and Delete Blood Cancer by encouraging you and your orchestra to become partners of my campaign by either holding up a big sign in your next rehearsal which says "#savinglivesthroughmusic @goacampaign" and posting a picture of your orchestra and the sign to your social media or by holding a concert in support of the GOA campaign, which will raise awareness of both stem cell trusts.

I have created an easy and accessible media pack where you can find all the information on how to become a partner with all the necessary documentation of how to promote your concert. My website www.thegreatorchestraadventure.com is also a space where all information can be found regarding the campaign, so feel free to have a browse by clicking on the above link.

I would love this campaign to unite all orchestra's in a good cause dear to me, combining my past experiences of cancer with my passion for orchestral playing. All partners will have full recognition on my social media platforms and website with a link and image to your orchestra website, creating a synergistic relationship for all involved.

I would love your support and have you placed proudly on my website if you could help with sharing your thoughts and possible interest in my campaign by replying to this email or looking through the attached media pack and follow the steps outlined in there! You really will be doing something to be proud of, your simple act of holding up a sign to raisie awareness of the campaign...may lead to someone finding out more about the stem cell trust, signing up and saving a life.

I really look forward to hearing back from you and hope you are as enthusiastic as I am in wanting to create a positive movement within the orchestral industry!

Kindest Regards,

Beatrice Edwards
Founder & Leader of
the GOA Campaign
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Copyright © 2018 The Great Orchestra Adventure, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email as I would love your help to make a positive impact within the orchestral industry.

Our mailing address is:

The Great Orchestra Adventure

Flat 82, Block A4, Canalside

50 Lower Loveday Street

Birmingham, B193SJ

United Kingdom


Add us to your address book



Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp


Virus-free. www.avast.com
  • This mailing list is a public mailing list - anyone may join or leave, at any time.
  • This mailing list is a group discussion list (moderated)
  • Start a new thread, email: memb...@bromleysymphony.org

This list is used to inform Bromley Symphony Orchestra members about rehearsals and events.

Privacy Policy:

Bromley Symphony Orchestra will not use your email address for any other purpose, or divulge it to third parties.